Engineered Wood Products Designer
Department: Engineered Wood Products
We are looking for a professional, detail oriented, problem solver to join our team as an Engineered Wood Products Designer servicing our Burnaby and North Vancouver branches.
This is a full-time position working primarily from our Burnaby location and close to transit.
- Design packages for all engineered wood applications ranging from single family residences to multi-family developments.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and sales staff with regards to engineered wood products and connectors.
- Troubleshoot structural issues as it pertains to engineered wood products and provide solutions.
- Work with contractors, engineers and sales teams to ensure that projects are completed correctly and on time.
- Make site visits when required to deal with on-site issues.
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Must be able to read and interpret structural and architectural plans.
- Basic understanding of the building code and wood frame construction.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Javelin is a strong asset but not a requirement. On site job training will be provided
- A diploma from a two (2) year technical program from BCIT or equivalent is an asset.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 3% – 5% RRSP matching
- On-site parking
- EV parking
- Amazing employee discount on all our products
- In-depth and comprehensive training, support and mentorship
- Team building events
- Safe working environment
We thank all those who apply however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this Position
If you wish to submit a resume, please fill out the form below. All fields are required unless otherwise noted. Please also note that we only accept resumes in PDF format, with a max file size of 5MB.
Need to convert your Word file to PDF format? Try this free service.