Department: Engineered Wood Products
We are looking for an energetic, bright, motivated individual to join our Engineered Wood Products Design Team. The Design Technician-Entry Level will directly assist sales staff by creating ready for construction layouts and material lists for delivery. This is a full-time position and training will be provided.
- Produce engineered wood layouts and material lists using Javelin software.
- Provide technical support, answer questions from customers & sales staff pertaining to Engineered Wood Products.
- Provide single member (joist and beam) design solutions.
- Scan, copy, print construction drawings.
- Basic knowledge of the wood frame construction industry.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe PDF, etc.)
- Ability to read construction blueprints.
- Ability to learn new computer programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Experience using Javelin, Keymark, TJ-Expert or similar floor system design software is an asset.
- Applicable experience using AutoCAD or other computer aided drafting software is an asset.
- Sales/customer service experience.
- Office environment spent sitting for most of the day.
If you are motivated by being a part of the growth that will take our company to the next level, we want to hear from you!
Apply for this Position
If you wish to submit a resume, please fill out the form below. All fields are required unless otherwise noted. Please also note that we only accept resumes in PDF format, with a max file size of 5MB.
Need to convert your Word file to PDF format? Try this free service.