Department: Engineered Wood Products
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Engineered Wood Products Design Team. The design technician will directly assist sales staff and construction professionals by creating ready for construction layouts and material lists for delivery. This is a full-time position and training will be provided.
- Produce engineered wood layouts and material lists using Javelin software.
- Analyze gravity loads in buildings to troubleshoot structural issues.
- Provide technical support to on-site framing crews, project managers and project engineers by phone, email and site visits.
- Provide single member (joist and beam) design solutions.
- Familiarity of wood frame construction (eg. on site construction experience, building materials knowledge)
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe PDF, etc.)
- Ability to read architectural and structural plans.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Javelin, Keymark, TJ-Expert or similar floor system design software is an asset but not required. On site job training will be provided
- Applicable experience using AutoCAD or other computer aided drafting software is an asset but not required.
- Sales/Customer Service experience.
A collaborative office environment with occasional job site visits.
- Valid drivers license & a reliable vehicle (site visits are required at times)
Apply for this Position
If you wish to submit a resume, please fill out the form below. All fields are required unless otherwise noted. Please also note that we only accept resumes in PDF format, with a max file size of 5MB.
Need to convert your Word file to PDF format? Try this free service.