Location: Burnaby & North Vancouver
We are looking for a positive, motivated and customer oriented team player to join our Shipping Team. A Runner is responsible to assist customers and/or forklift operators in the yard & perform yard related duties as directed by Shipping. Experience in the lumber and building materials industry is an asset but not required.
- Greet customers at the yard gate(s) or other designated areas as directed by shipping.
- Provide direction and or escort customers to areas of the yard.
- Pull and load materials by hand, as indicated on the invoice or picking slip into customers vehicles.
- Check paperwork to products pulled as customers exit the yard – adjust products and tallies as required & submit to Shipping for processing.
- Assist Forklift Operators where required.
- Maintain a clean and orderly yard/warehouse as directed by Shipping.
- Punctual, reliable and customer service oriented.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Ability to lift over 35kg repeatedly.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Basic math skills
- Exposure to dust, dirt and extreme changes in temperature and weather when working outside.
- Moderate exposure to personal risk – safety boots are required.
- Busy, high volume environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package.
If you are motivated by being a part of the growth that will take our company to the next level, we want to hear from you!
Apply for this Position
If you wish to submit a resume, please fill out the form below. All fields are required unless otherwise noted. Please also note that we only accept resumes in PDF format, with a max file size of 5MB.
Need to convert your Word file to PDF format? Try this free service.